It happened just like that;
I knew what I had to do,
Knew that what I'd just done
Was exactly the wrong thing to do.
Cause this wasn't going to help me.
Being here, being so close.
But I couldn't move,
I'd worked so hard to get here.
But I had to get away,
There has to be distance.
You have to pull the knife out
Before the wound can begin to heal.
And then you moved.
Which helped a little,
But now I couldn't explain to you
How I suddenly realised I felt.
I needed to move myself away.
To pull out the knife
To start healing the wound.
But you'd done it already.
And somehow that
Only drove the knife in deeper.
It increased the pain instead of
Lessening it.
So now I need to space us out,
I need to heal the wound
I've dealt myself.
Don't worry. It won't take long.
Its not so hard, really.
I guess it gets easier every time.
At least, healing gets easier;
The pain is the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment