Have you ever felt lonely?
Of course you have,
You wouldn’t be human otherwise.
But have you ever felt lonely,
With the thought of knowing that
That person you’re missing
Could be with you?
Wants to be with you?
If not, then you are indeed blessed.
I sit, in the cold ashes of a
Burned-out evening, wishing
That the embers were still warm.
I sit here, waiting for the sun to rise,
For sleep cannot help me tonight.
There are others here with me.
I know that they are lonely, too.
But not in the way I am.
I am lonely because the one person
I wish I could be with
Is somewhere else.
They say love
Can break any barriers,
Cross any distances.
Yet I am trapped between
The walls of my sorrow.
The rain is dampening the ashes now.
How very appropriate.
Almost enough to make me smile.
Almost.
And so I lie, in my bed
Of dark, wet ash,
To await the morning,
The sun,
And the hope
Of re-lighting that fire.
No comments:
Post a Comment