Music plays and people laugh.
They sit around playing games
That will never grow old.
I listen from the porch.
The cool night air washes over me
And clears my head an body.
The stars are few tonight.
Only the most powerful can fight through the polluted air
To gaze upon the earth.
I stand and watch one.
I watch as it shimmers,
As it stuggles to remain in view.
And as I watch a door opens.
And she is there, standing
In the doorway behind me.
I know it is her, I don't have to turn around.
She comes towards me as I watch that one star
Fight, battle to the end and ever more.
And then we are together.
Our lips resting gently together,
Our hands clasping each other in a tight embrace.
I pull back.
I know I shouldn't be here.
I hold her hand.
I look at her, into her deep eyes.
And then I return to the laughter.
To the music and games.
Alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment