Saturday, May 24, 2008

What Happened?

I feel that something happened,
Somethings not the way it used to be.
I can't say what,
because I don't know.

Is it you or is it me?

It started with those conversations
You had behind closed doors.
And I knew something wasn't right
When you went quiet on my approach.

Is it you or is it me?

And then the unanswered phone calls,
The messages left unwritten.
You start avoiding me entirely
And still I don't know whats wrong.

Is it you or is it me?

I've done all that I can do
To stop us falling to pieces.
Now the rest is up to you,
If you care.

Is it you or is it me?

If its me then please just say it!
Don't whisper 'hind my back.
Don't lead me through this false charade,
Let me know whats going on.

Is it you or is it me?

If you can't hear what I'm saying,
Can't hear that I'm talking to you,
Then you don't care enough.
I don't want to lose you,
But I need some hint that you still feel the way I do.

Is it you or is it me?

I need to know you still want
The warmth of my heart.
I have a lot to give and it can all go to you,
But first you have to answer me one last question:

Do you still love me as I love you?

No comments:

Post a Comment