Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fun!

Lets go to the beach.
Lets fly to somewhere
Far away where we
Can be ourselves.

Lets get on our bikes
And just ride around
Like we used to when
We were young.

Because we seem so eager
To grow up so fast
To be mature and older
That we forget..

How a few years ago
We were playing with
Yo-yos and our biggest
Fears were the monsters
Under our beds..

We never worried
About the future.
Or about the past.
We lived in the moment.

So how did we suddenly
Become so old
In so few years?

The boy who
Still rides his bike
Around the town
Just to feel the wind
In his hair..

Why is he the outcast?
Why is he looked down upon?
What did he ever do
Except what he loved?

Nothing.

And that is why
I still get a rush
Blowing bubbles out of soap.

I still play in the street
In a new pair of jeans,
Even though I've ruined
So many others.

That is why you'll see me
Riding around the town
Just to feel the wind
In my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment